Sunday, October 18, 2009

Detours and Destinations: The Beginning

So here it is; my first blog post. When I was thinking of names for my blog, I considered everything. I even did a Google search for, “How to name a blog”. I know; it’s ridiculous. I wanted something that encompassed everything that I wanted to talk about on this blog, and leave it wide open for everything else as well. But I also wanted it to have a purpose.

So I came up with Detours and Destinations. Why you ask? Well, isn’t that really what life is all about? Don’t we all have these grand plans for our lives, and these destinations that we want to reach? Then we discover that we can’t get there because of construction, or a road block, or a temporary obstacle – a detour. Maybe we will eventually get there, just not on our own time. Maybe we will reach that destination. Or maybe we won’t. Maybe we're not supposed to. This is the journey that we call life.

I can’t promise that this blog will ever be interesting, or will ever have an impact on anyone else but me. And I certainly can’t promise that it will always be grammatically correct. I’m an accountant, not an English teacher. You likely won’t find any spelling errors though! What I can promise, is that this blog will be 100% me.

So, if you like (and as cheesy as it sounds!), hop aboard this journey of my Detours and Destinations, and you might just learn a little something about me along the way.

P.S. What has kept me from blogging up until now is the thought that it was selfish. Why should I assume that anything that I have to say is interesting to anybody else? But then I realized how much I LOVE reading the blogs of my friends, and I don’t think that they are selfish at all! Nobody is forced to read this. If I’m the only one who ever does, I’ll be ok with that :-)

3 comments:

  1. I am excited about reading your blogs.. I used to like your Australia updates via email in the old KPMG days.. I cant believe it has been almost 5 years since I left and moved to Denmark.. Take care. Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through Karen's. I didn't want to start one for many of the same reasons. I still am not sure of name of my blog, if what I write even makes sense, etc.

    Welcome to the blog world!

    Have a wonderful and blessed day!

    ReplyDelete